GATES CARBON BELT DRIVE BELT
PowerGrip® GT3 is Gates’ latest development in synchronous rubber
belts. This new, technically advanced belt covers the widest range of
industrial applications. The PowerGrip® GT3 synchronous belt transmits
up to 30% more power than previous generation belts (PowerGrip® GT2).
This entire belt range is suited both for new drive designs as for
replacements on existing drives without any adaptation of the system.
The 2MGT, 3MGT and 5MGT pitches are ideal for compact drives on hand
tools, business machines, domestic appliances, high precision
servomotor drives and multiaxis applications.
- manufacturer: GATES
- model: GT3
- material: fiberglass tensile cord/Neoprene body/nylon tooth facing
- belt length: 1150mm
- pitch: 5mm
- width: 9mm
- teeth: 231*
- color: black
- weight: 42g*
- condition: new - not in retail packaging
*approximate - our measurement
- Fiberglass tensile cord provides high strength, excellent flex
life, and high resistance to elongation
- Neoprene body provides protection against grime, grease, oil, and
- Nylon tooth facing provides a durable wear surface for long
- Gates patented tooth profile is designed for use with a specific
sprocket groove profile. The sprocket groove-belt tooth combination
increases capacity, while improving registration
- PowerGrip GT3 has more tooth ratchet resistance than HTD
- Eliminates lubrication and re-tensioning reduce maintenance and
labor as compared to roller chain drives
- PowerGrip GT3 belt/sprocket combinations match or exceed the
positional accuracy of PowerGrip Timing belt/pulley systems
PowerGrip GT3 part numbers are comprised of pitch, pitch length and
width. For example; part number 400-5MGT-09 denotes a 5mm pitch, 400mm
pitch length and 9mm width.
Belt pitch is the distance in millimeters between two adjacent tooth
centers as measured on the pitch line of the belt. Belt pitch length is
the total length (circumference) in millimeters as measured along the
pitch line. The theoretical pitch line of a PowerGrip GT3 belt lies
within the tensile member.